All the bright minds in the media industry are figuring out how to bring more reality in to TV shows. They are trying all kinds of stunts like getting actors to bathe under an artificial water fall or getting participants to bare their souls. The actors are ecstatic for getting a real opportunity to remove body odour through natural means. Baring is extremely important in reality TV. If life imitated art instead of the other way round, then the following could happen.
Every day would start with a heart thumping theme song. The titles would run simultaneously showing not one but scores of directors of your life; boss, spouse, teachers, children and Mother (in-law).
Life would become fairly uncomplicated and full of peace. Whenever my wife asks me to get out plates out for dinner, I uncannily pick up the wrong ones.
"Have you ever seen me put out these plates for guests"
"Sometimes I wonder whether you live in the same house"
I would then pick up another set of wrong plates. Life could be less interesting if we are able to cut out the 12 takes it takes me to put out the proper cutlery. The scene would be rewritten
"Wow, the place mats are perfect and the water is filled to the right level"
"Does that mean that I get to hog the TV remote without guilt?" I never miss a chance to cash any brownie points scored.
The possibilities are endless
- We can have auditions to hire house help
- I can scream "Let us meet on the other side of the commercial break" in case I am on verge of losing an argument which is very often.
- We can get paid for multiple product placements around the house.
- We can get the entire family to vote through SMS or Tweets on "who makes the best bed in the house".
- We can call visits by Mother-in-laws as a wild card entry.
- We can judge each other's chemistry and then blame it on the script
- You can actually have a voice over from the Father when the spouse says that "You sound exactly like your Father "
- We can introduce the guests in the house with flourish and actually get away by saying "The guest tonight is Mr. so and so and he would like to promote the sure shot way to beat the stock markets"
- We can fire lots of complicated questions at the guests without repercussions. I would definitely like to ask "You gave me a PC game for the Birthday. Was it a recycled present?"
- More importantly, you get to change the channels. All fellow males have a gene which makes us flip channels every 15 seconds. Just when the life would get interesting in the history channel when you forgot you spouse' birthday few years back, you can flip to the cooking show.
Go ahead and let your imagination rip and send me your possibilities. You and your thought could be featured on Salarymantale.
Also, please get in touch with me in case you would like to illustrate for my blog. It could then become our blog. You can get in touch me on my gmail account – Jaiseeker.
Post a Comment